Guanyin Gumiao Temple
Guanyin Gumiao Temple (Chinese: 觀音古廟; pinyin: Guānyīn Gǔmiào; Jyutping: gun1 jam1 gu2 miu6*2, also known as the Guangdong Guanyin Temple) is one of two major Chinese temples located within Latha Township in Yangon's Chinatown. It was founded by the Cantonese community of Yangon in 1823, but was destroyed by a fire in December 1855, and subsequently rebuilt in 1864, with two additional brick buildings to the side built in 1872. The temple is located on Maha Bandula Road and is dedicated to Guanyin, a Buddhist bodhisattva corresponding to the Burmese Buddhist bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara (လောကနတ်, Lawka Nat).
A 1,400 year old ginkgo tree is located on the grounds which has become a tourist attraction. The tree is believed to have been planted by the Emperor Li Shimin, the founding father of the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907)